Monday, February 14, 2011

quilting and cooking

Today was Quilting Day, we worked till noon putting together fourteen quilts, ready to be tacked and surged. Tomorrow instead of doing braille I have to stay home and bake two dozen cupcakes plus throw together a salad for Missionary Society at 6:30. Here's the recipe. I got it from St. Martin's Catholic Church recipe book.

1 (8 oz.) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1 small head broccoli, cut into small pieces
1 small head cauliflower, cut into small pieces
1/2 med. red onion, cut into strips
1/2 cup raisins (I use Craisins)
1 (8oz.) can cashews (I use about 6 ozs.)
1 lb. bacon, fried crisp and crumbled

Dressing:
1 cup mayonnaise (I use Kraft w/ olive oil)
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons vinegar

In a large bowl, toss together the chestnuts,broccoli, cauliflower, onion, Craisins, cooked bacon and cashews. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar until sugar dissolves. Stir dressing into vegetables. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight before serving. 

Yes, it is "labor intensive" but I figure I can do all the prep work this afternoon and throw it together tomorrow between baking and icing. I have taken this particular salad several places and have been asked for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment