Thursday, August 30, 2012

walking

This morning I walked 5.04 miles or a total of over thirteen miles so far this week. It was extremely hot again today with temps in the high 90s. The water element that runs beside my favorite walking tract has dried up weeks ago. I noticed this morning how distressed the trees are becoming. Their leaves are curling up, becoming brown and falling already. Tomorrow we are supposed to have cooler weather with temps in the mid 80s. And we are lucky enough to be in the path of Isaac which will bring us some much needed rain. I thank Jesus for this in advance! This afternoon I finished Mary Soames's book, A Daughter's Tale. She is Winston Churchill's youngest daughter and I assume she is still living. I thought the book was very interesting although a little wordy during the war years. I am beginning Buried in the Sky by Amanda Padoan and Peter Zuckerman. It is about mountain climbers on K2. I'm sure it will be fascinating. I didn't hear from the doctor or the nurse today so I am hoping that I will tomorrow. I did receive a bill from the anesthesiologist. Fortunately my insurance covered the whole amount. Now I have some money for new furniture. Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment