Tuesday, June 25, 2013

thousands of catfish

Weird title I know. Last week when I was on the Katy I passed the Cedar Creek Bridge and happened to look down. Actually a turtle swimming down the river caught my eye. Since I was on my way back from mile 150 I stopped to rest my tired butt and while I was watching the turtle I noticed the thousands, yes thousands of catfish swimming under the bridge to feed on the debree that had collected from the flood. They were so thick I could have walked on them! What a sight. When I got back to the trailhead I met a nice couple from Illinois just starting out on their ride and I told them to make sure to look for the catfish at Cedar Creek. I have been back at least twice since then but haven't seen any catfish like I did that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment