Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Fourth etc.

I spent the Fourth with family and friends, enjoying fried fish, Rocky Road ice cream from Central Dairy, and River City's meager fireworks display. As a teacher, I have always considered July my favorite month. Not yet into worrying about bulletin boards or new classroom supplies or class lists. Now that I'm a sub, July has lost some of its luster, but the holiday is still fun, I'm glad about that.

I'm halfway through another good book, The Devil's Rooming House, The True Story of America's Deadliest Female Serial Killer by M. William Phelps. This is the story of the legendary serial killer who inspired the Broadway sensation and classic film Arsenic and Old Lace.

It's true, I am exclusively a reader of non-fiction. I love animals and little children. I am a Christian and I consider it my duty to take care of this earth as best I can. I also love true crime. Is that warped?

No comments:

Post a Comment