Tuesday, July 27, 2010

it could happen to anybody

Two things have happened this summer that caused me to become more careful and aware of my surroundings.
  1. Several weeks ago I fell in my shower. I was alone at the time. No broken bones but nasty bruises that kept me from my regular walking routine for a couple of days. Also caused a great deal of embarrassment when family and friends noticed them.
  2. Last week a real low-life tried to walk off with my Antonio Melani bag while I was in an aisle at Target. She thought that I wasn't paying attention but because all good teachers have eyes in the back of their heads, I was able to see her as she sided over to walk away with my empty cart and bag. It made me feel uneasy all day but did teach me a valuable lesson about stowing my bag in the shopping cart.

No comments:

Post a Comment