Monday, October 10, 2011

day ten, first grade

This actually happened after school today. I was at Barnes & Noble using a 30% off coupon to buy a cool, glow-in-the-dark Halloween book called Light's Out, Night's Out and I ran into one of my former students. Well, I didn't run into her but I happened to see her there. After we hugged and talked about what grade she was in now; second year of high school, I asked her if she knew what she would study once she eventually got into college. She said she really liked cooking and baking and she would probably become a chef some day. She even made scones for the first time over the weekend. Hey, I'm impressed, I've never make scones in my life. Maybe years in the future I'll have a world famous chef knocking on my door with a basket of warm scones for me. Or cupcakes would be good too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment