Thursday, February 23, 2012

reptile

Because I'm a retired teacher, emphasis on tired; I have alot of stories that I can share, sort of like a storyteller, which I always considered a teacher to be anyway. I've got stories about weird kids, weird parents, homeless men who camp out overnight in my classroom, snakes behind the trash can...today I was able to share the story about a little girl named Sarah who brought a baby alligator to school for "show and tell." Her father who worked in the produce department of a local grocery store found it at the bottom of a box of oranges. He brought it home for Sarah and of course, she wanted to bring it to school and show it off. I love that story and the reaction of the kids, they are in awe of a little girl having a pet alligator.

No comments:

Post a Comment