Wednesday, February 29, 2012

spring pictures

Today was Spring Picture Day which is different from regular school picture day. The photographer takes a full body pose and there are a couple of assistants who help the kids get into poses as cute as possible. By the way, the photographer used to take a picture of the teachers for free because we have to help collect the money but I guess now we do it for nothing because nobody offered to take my picture. Anyway, kids show up is all kinds of outfits; Hello Kitty dresses, Cub Scout uniforms, jeans and tee shirts. That's what Timmy (not his real name) wore to school today. He had his picture taken and I'm sure he looked nice. But this is what happened later. He came up to me with this sack and in it was a very small tee shirt, toddler size. "Mom told me to wear this after I have my picture taken," he said. "Are you sure it will fit you?" I said.  "Mom told me to put it on." he answered. "Okay." I said. He came back from the boy's restroom wearing the tiny tee shirt and wore it the rest of the day. Why would a mom do that to a little kid?  Why not just let him wear the tee shirt he wore for Spring Pictures? Sometimes I just don't get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment