Monday, February 13, 2012

snow

We got snow today. As a matter of fact, we are still getting it. My school was dismissed two hours early today and after-school conferences were postponed till Wednesday. Yay! I decided to go home and make a pot of Potato Bacon Soup. And I threw in some fresh broccoli that was left over from a salad that I made.

POTATO BACON SOUP

8 slices bacon, chopped (I generally use more)
1 cup onion, chopped
2 1/2 cup potatoes, cubed
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
2 cups milk
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)

Fry bacon until crisp. Add onion and saute 2 - 3 minutes. Drain. Cook potatoes in 1 cup water for 10 -15 minutes. Stir in soup, sour cream, bacon and onions. Add milk gradually, stirring constantly. Add salt and pepper. Heat to serving temperature. DO NOT BOIL.
I usually take my potato smasher and mush the potatoes up somewhat. And I am never exact with my ingredients but it always turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment