Thursday, October 14, 2010

dream and book review

I've always been able to remember my dreams and last night I had a strange one. I was coming out of a bar in downtown River City and I couldn't locate my black hatchback car. In the real world, I don't drink alcohol and I drive a white Boxy-shaped Honda. Back to the dream. a small boy comes running up to me and announces that he knows where my car is. He points to a large wooden garage with a door covered with chains and padlocks. No problem, I just used the super-powers that I possess and kicked open the door. Inside was a skinny man dismantling cars. I asked for his help in finding my car. Later, I was sitting in a restaurant eating with family members and the skinny man appears with a huge triple- decker chocolate ice cream cone. He has found my car and I follow him to the parking lot but first, I eat the ice cream cone.

This has nothing to do with the dream, but I am reading No Way Down by Graham Bowley.
It is the story of the tragic 2008 K2  ascent that claimed the lives of eleven climbers. It is fascinating, especially if you enjoy reading books about mountain climbing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment