Thursday, October 7, 2010

second grade: day 15

I love second grade. I love it because the kids are like little sponges and it's so fulfilling to know that I played a small part in all this learning that's going on. Anyway, this morning we took part in " Read for the Record Day." The book that was chosen was The Snowy Day by Esra Jack Keats, not one of my favorite authors but we talked about the characters and why the snowballs melted when he brought them into the house.

The second book we read together was more enjoyable. It was Read all about It! by Laura Bush and Jenna Bush Hager. When I asked why Laura Bush is famous, no one could tell me. I told them that she was married to someone very famous and they guessed Kyle Bush, who is big in NASCAR. Then they started getting silly and guessed all kinds of crazy things like Brittany Spears mother. I ended up telling them that Laura Bush was married to a former president. The story held their attention and Denise Brunkus did a great job illustrating it. I hope that Mrs. Bush and her daughter actually wrote this book. It would be dishonest if someone else wrote it for them.

We finished the day with a movie, The Magic School Bus Gets Planted. I love Ms. Frizzle too!

No comments:

Post a Comment