Monday, March 7, 2011

signs of spring

No, not the robins or the little green shoots popping up from the damp ground. For the past seventeen years or since we have lived here, the first sign of spring has always been, well, unwelcome visitors. Have you guessed it, ants made their appearance last night as we were fixing dinner. I got my annual lecture about keeping the counters spotless clean and  absolutely no dirty  dishes left in the sink. Hey, it doesn't matter, they're gonna come no matter what. You know that saying about "death and taxes?" We can add ants at our house.  
Last night I started reading another great book, The Elephant Whisperer by Lawrence Anthony. I've had my name on the reserve list at the library for so long I think the book was lost for awhile. It was worth the wait.  

No comments:

Post a Comment