Wednesday, August 3, 2011

mother and dad

I woke up thinking about my mother this morning. She died six years ago in her sleep, literally here one day and gone the next. One of the many things I was going to do when I retired was spend more time with her. It doesn't seem fair that now that I'm retired, she's not here.
 But I do see her. Every time I look in the mirror I see the shape of her face, her mouth and eyes. I look a lot like my mother and that is very comforting to me. I also know that as a Christian, she is celebrating in Heaven with her Lord and Savior and eventually I will see her again.
 Now my father, he was a handsome dude in his day and as he aged he turned into former President Harry S. Truman.
 Dear Jesus, Thank you for giving me Christian parents. More now than ever, I value what they did for me when I was little.

No comments:

Post a Comment