Wednesday, December 22, 2010

not a foodie

Last night my hubby needed a cheese ball so I found this simple recipe a friend gave me recently.

French Quarter Cheese Ball

2 pkgs. (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
2 Tablespoons grated onion
2 teaspoons minced garlic ( I used garlic powder instead)
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup brown sugar 
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon mustard
1 cup chopped pecans, toast these

In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, onion and garlic. Transfer to a serving plate, shape into a round 6" disk. Set aside.

In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard. Cook and stir over medium heat for 4-5 minutes until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans. Cool slightly. Spoon over cheese mixture. Serve with crackers. 

Like I said, I'm not a foodie, but I can handle easy, simple recipes and this one is especially yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment