Thursday, December 30, 2010

winter, snow and scott odell

Winter is my least favorite season and January is my least favorite month. I guess I'm one who only tolerates cold weather and snow. After a day or two, it bores me. The only good thing is I have quite a collection of sweaters and I do enjoy wearing them.

 When I was teaching full time, January was the month I would start reading aloud the classic Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott ODell. I would read a chapter or two a day and my second graders always begged me to read more. Sometimes, one or two students would check out the book from the school library and read along with me. Reading that book always made the month go by faster for some reason.

The end of the year always makes me grateful for what I have, the love of my little family and of course, my health. I am thinking about finding a new doctor and scheduling a wellness checkup for sometime in the new year. I am ashamed to say that it has been several years since my last checkup so this is something that I seriously will do. Also, I have cut way down on my sugar intake and will continue that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment