Saturday, December 31, 2011

anticipation

I am waiting on a baby in 2012, not my own baby but his arrival will mean that I will be putting on my "teacher panties" for the next eight to ten weeks. It will also mean recording grades, filling out report cards, organizing parent conferences, recess duty on snowy days, recess duty on snowy days and more recess duty on snowy days. Please don't read me wrong, I feel it is a great honor to be able to teach these kids, even for a short amount of time. Here's something I've found out; my progression a a substitute teacher has helped me to be a better teacher. Dealing with the behaviors of autistic kids has given me more strategies and options for dealing with regular kids. I will still need to say my daily prayers for patience and guidance thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment