Monday, December 5, 2011

Leb Kuchen

Yesterday while Hubby mixed up a huge batch (12 cups of flour) of leb kuchen. I did some decorating. Since both of our grandmothers came from Germany, this is a cookie that we both grew up with. No picture of the finished product yet as they are still resting. Yes, the cookie dough has to set overnight. He uses a combination of both recipes and they both say to do that. So this weekend we had a fun trip to Kansas City to see family, got some decorations up and of of course, the leb cookies are waiting to be baked.

I know this doesn't show much effort but I have accumulated lot of Christmas decorations through the years and this wreath made of jingle bells is one of my favorites. This year I put it on my pie safe which sets in the corner of my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment