Friday, December 9, 2011

the little mall

I call it the little mall because that's what it is but we are very fortunate to have it as lots of little malls just like it have closed due to the downswing in the economy. There are three department/anchor stores, Dillards, Penneys and Sears. Then there are dress shops, candy stores, sporting goods and even a Golds Gym in one corner. I walked over four miles there yesterday and now have huge blisters on both of my feet. Maybe that is due to changing to a different pairs of walking shoes which was a big mistake. I took a mental survey while making the rounds: The stinkiest store would be Victoria's Secret, smells like cheap perfume. The prettiest storefront is Bath and Body Works, lots of shine and glitter; and the busiest store has to be Hallmark, pretty obvious at this time of year. I love Hallmark ornaments and have collected quite a few from students over the years. Here's a picture of the oldest Hallmark ornament that I have. I received it from a little boy named Marc during my student teaching days. Wow, that goes way back. It's a golden dove and I always place it at the top of my tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment