Sunday, December 18, 2011

potato soup


Occasionally I like to share recipes, not because I'm a great cook, but just because I find one that tastes good. This potato-bacon soup recipe is easy (except for frying bacon, I use my mother's technique of flouring it first to cut down on the splatters) and the ingredients are things you already have in your pantry or refrigerator. I am thinking maybe adding clams to this recipe and serving it for New Years.

Potato Bacon (Clam) Soup

8 slices bacon, chopped ( I use more)
1 cup onion, chopped
2 1/2 cups potatoes, cubed ( I used maybe three or four medium-sized spuds)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
2 cups milk
Salt and pepper to taste

Fry bacon till crisp. Add onion and saute 2 to 3 minutes. Drain. Cook potatoes in 1 cup of water for 10 to 10 minutes. I used a masher to smash them up somewhat although the recipe does not say to do this. Stir in soup, sour cream, bacon and onions. Add milk gradually, stirring constantly. Add salt and pepper. Heat to serving temperature. DO NOT BOIL.
Now I'm thinking maybe using the crockpot next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment