Saturday, December 10, 2011

sell the house

For years I have wanted  a house with a river view. These houses rarely come on the market in this town but this past week a realtor called to tell me about a perfect little brick rancher on a very desirable westend street with an amazing backyard river view. The house is small and needs updating and that's fine. Most of these "river view" houses were built many years ago and anytime you buy a house you always want to make it your own. But, do I really want to give up my big house for a small one. I love my walk-out attic  and my downstairs exercise room.  I love my over-sized bedrooms and my new stone patio which overlooks the woods. And the creek where I hunt for arrowheads, I couldn't do that anymore. Plus, we would really miss our four garages. No, we are not hoarders but we do have three vehicles and a boat. I'll probably never get another chance at a little brick rancher with a genuine river view but I think I'll have to pass on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment